Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cold


Cold weather has arrived! 36 degrees here at 8:30pm but no snow. I guess they've had an inch in Columbus and I haven't spoken to anyone in Cleveland. Gas is down to $1.86.9 much better than the almost $4 this summer. Dot is doing well. She has been eating, not gaining weight, but she also has fainted after getting excited.

I have been making tawashi for Christmas gifts. They are quick and easy and trying to decipher the Japanese makes it a bit of a challenge. No knitting tonight at Piddlin' Patch. I hope Sara's husband is doing better-he had a back injury. I wish that I was off every Tuesday night to be able to go there to knit, crochet, and talk. The meetings in Anderson are a bit of a drive.

I do also need to get moving on getting my pincushion and ornaments out in the mail. Since I work every night the rest of this week, I will get moving on getting everything in the mail that I should be mailing. I gave up on knitting my cable sweater for now. How do people do it? One knitter on Ravelry already has hers done and she is wearing it. I frogged the waistband after 5 tries and decided on starting on the bottom panel. I sure wish that the Winter issue would come out for Verena. I really would like to make a pretty cardigan. I don't have one that is wool and fashionable. I do have some that I can make if there isn't one in the next issue worth making.

Steve has been applying at work to move up. I sure hope he gets something and can get his degree in the next couple of years. Chuck has been doing fine. He is also looking for a new job that naturally pays more and is maybe more in line with his schooling. Lisa is I hope looking for a permanent type job. I know it is hard to do. Like I should talk-still at Lowe's for almost 12 years. I sure wish that I had moved forward to something more office-like especially since Columbus has so many employers. I suppose it worked out-with so many Lowe's stores, I was able to transfer and not lose anything.

I need to get moving on my to do list. It is not happening. I just don't have the motivation. Well, off to do something-like watch TV.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew it!!! My A.D.D. is all in the genes... I never get to any of my to do lists, or at least they take a week when it should be a day or 2