Thursday, January 22, 2015

Meeting My Goals

     I have set goals monthly to try to get everything done that I want to do.  I have lists of sewing, knitting, crafts, and other projects that I want to do to use up my stashes and fix whatever is broken.  I then take one or two of those that I want to complete and make a monthly list.  Of course, some projects will span several months and I will continue to list those on consecutive months.  So far, I am on track with my goals.  I only go out one or two months.  I also include my weight loss goals and any household things I need to do.  I hope that this helps to keep me going and lessen the amount of "stuff" that I have.  My desire is to have most of the home projects, my weight loss, and selling finished by the end of 2015.  I am not concerned about the knitting or sewing as much.  Selling is the number one goal for this year.  If that bedroom, refrigerator, and household items are gone it would free up a room and my mind.  I really don't like having all of this clutter sitting around.  I seem to be a minimalist as I get older.  Eventually having a small house of some type would be perfect.  I will gather and collect what it is that I would like to have in a small house, maybe around 800 square feet. I would like a good size open kitchen living room with an island as a kitchen table, fireplace, laundry mud room, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a four season room for my crafting, deck, and garage.  I think that I can design something like that and then figure what furniture and built ins I want.  To live in a small space, I need less "stuff"!

No comments: