Saturday, January 31, 2015

New Project

i have signed up for a new online magazine, Seamwork.  They have a project called Wardrobe Architect where you develop or discover your style and silhouette and make a capsule collection of clothes.  I am also reading Tim Gunn's books and Nina Garcia's books on the same subject.  I do wish that I had purchased the books on Kindle instead of hardcover, although I could sell them and rebut online some day to get rid of more clutter, but that is much later.

I have some exercises to work on to figure out my style.  Working where I do, i don't have a style and we don't go anywhere where I dress up.  Vegas is about the only time I wear nice clothes.  I do like comfortable, simple but modern lines, tunic type tops, nothing sleeveless, nothing low cut, flirty, girly, short waisted, empire waisted, or tight.  I like classic slacks, pleated, natural waist, straight leg jeans, straight skirts or slightly flared, capris, shorts, but not real short,  longer jackets, no leggings, but slim straight knits.  I like Eileen Fisher type clothing, mix and match basics.  This is what I would like to develop.  Now that I have lost weight and working out, I would like to sew up the fabrics that I have which are pretty classic.  I would love to be able to go to Mood in NYC and get wool or cotton jerseys for some nice clothing.  The yarns I have are also classic, gray, magenta, blues, black, taupe.  The pinkish is probably the wildest one along with the oriental fabrics.  I think that the whites and tans are fine as are the fat quarters that I want to make into one piece of fabric for a top.

I need to make a list of what pieces I have, what I need and separate work from casual clothing.  Work is t shirts, jeans, older clothes that I will get dirty.  I need some shoes to go with.  I should have bought the ones from Lucky's last year.  I will continue to explore and develop as I won't be really getting into changing until the latter part of the year when I have reached my goal and gotten other projects completed.  Mainly selling and the furniture.

No comments: